Luxus provides a variety of skin services that range in invasiveness, intensity and results. Depending on the purpose of the procedure and desired results your esthetician will build a treatment plan individualized for your needs and wants. In addition to the procedures we offer, we carry Skinmedica products to pair with our offerings to maximize results.
The SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the only FDA cleared medical grade micro-needling device
- Large pore size
- Stretch Marks
- Sun damage (sun spots)
- Age and brown spots
Topical numbing cream is typically applied to the treatment area for 20 minutes before the procedure. The actual procedure typically takes 30 minutes, depending on the size and number of areas treated. While you may have some redness and swelling immediately after the procedure, there is usually minimal downtime for the patient.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Acne scarring
The SkinPen creates thousands of precise micro-injuries or “micro-channels” in the dermis, which stimulates new collagen without causing scar tissue formation. This technology takes advantage of the skin’s natural healing process. When SkinPen makes micro-channels in the skin, the skin naturally produces new collagen and elastin in the treatment areas, leading to a fresher skin appearance.
The SkinPen is safe for all skin types and is safe for all ages, although we recommend the procedure for ages 15 years old or older.
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective form of exfoliation that takes 30 minutes and has no downtime.
Dermaplaning is a safe (provided the person performing it is properly trained) and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure. It requires using a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin. Physical exfoliation triggers the cell regeneration process and allows products to penetrate the skin, such as a light chemical peel. Dermaplaning is also excellent to rid the face of excess fine hairs, often accumulating dirt and oil.
Dermaplaning reduces the appearance of fine lines, visible acne scars, and dark spots.
Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types except those with acneic skin. This is a great treatment if you are pregnant or nursing and want exfoliation without the risk of harsh chemicals absorbing into the bloodstream and potentially harming your baby.
During the session, your esthetician will skillfully use a sterile surgical scalpel at the correct angle to remove the top layer of old, dull skin, along with all your peach fuzz.
You should obtain a more healthy appearance after the first session, but the best results occur after a series of treatments. Typically a series includes six treatments, with visible improvements after two or three treatments.
The Perfect Derma is a clinically proven blend of acids & antioxidants for a fresh, more youthful appearance.
- Patients with active cold sores or warts, skin with open wounds, sunburn, susceptible skin, dermatitis, or inflammatory rosacea in the area to be treated. Inform the aesthetician if you have any history of herpes simplex.
- Patients with a history of allergies (especially allergies to salicylates like aspirin), rashes, or other skin reactions, or those who may be sensitive to any of the components in this treatment.
- Patients who have taken Accutane® (isotretinoin) within the past year.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding (lactating)
- Patients who have recently received chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Patients with vitiligo.
- Patients with a history of an autoimmune disease (such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, etc.) or any condition that may weaken their immune system
Note: Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g., laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler, microdermabrasion, etc.) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before receiving a SkinMedica® Peel. Patients who have had cosmetic injections should wait until their treatment's full effect is seen before receiving a SkinMedica® Peel.
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- Products containing retinol
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
- Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA)
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Exfoliating Products
- Retin-A, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®